- World Mental Health Day 2017 10th October 2017 Mental health in the workplace is the theme of World Mental Health Day 2017. The overall objective is to raise...
- TFCO Summer Newsletter TFCO-A - LATEST RESEARCH The most recent publication on TFCO-A suggests that the intervention is best suited to those children who...
- SCIE findings in relation to NIS programmes have been published The SCIE has published their findings in relation to Models of care and care pathways to support the mental health and wellbeing of looked...
What does model fidelity mean?
All evidence based programmes are based on a specific model. This model defines how the intervention must be implemented, including the specific roles required to deliver the treatment, what the training must cover and which children and young people meet the criteria for receiving the intervention.
Why is it so important for the TFCO-UK programmes?
Delivering the TFCO-UK programmes according to the model ensures the best possible outcomes for the children, young people and their families who are in the programmes.
What is the role of the TFCO-UK National Team in supporting model fidelity?
A key part of the TFCO-UK National Team's role is to ensure sites maintain adherence to the TFCO-UK model when implementing the programmes. The team provides development support on implementation, training in the programme model, clinical consultation and support in the treatment model to the clinical teams, support for local and national evaluation and audit, and monitoring and guidance with regard to model adherence.
This innovative method of project management includes:
- Weekly telephone consultation calls
- Reviews of recordings of clinical team and foster carer meetings
- Regular formal fidelity reviews
- Feedback to the project teams and managers
- Written feedback to ensure the teams are given optimum support in taking the programme forward.
The aim is for sites to gain sufficient expertise, experience and model adherence to enable them to apply for certification as a registered TFCO-UK site with the programme originators, Oregon Social Learning Centre (OSLC). Once certified, sites require minimal implementation support and undergo programme implementation reviews every nine months to maintain fidelity.