- World Mental Health Day 2018 The theme of this year’s World Mental Health Day is “young people and mental health in a changing world”. Half of...
- NIS Newsletter Find out all of the latest news about NIS programmes! Please click here to view a copy of the newsletter
- World Mental Health Day 2017 10th October 2017 Mental health in the workplace is the theme of World Mental Health Day 2017. The overall objective is to raise...
Treatment Foster Care Oregon UK - School Age Children Programme
The School Age Children Programme (TFCO-UK-C) is designed for children aged between 7-11 years. The programme provides an intensive treatment for children who present complex and challenging behaviours and have experienced multiple placement breakdowns. The programme works with the child, their foster carer and the birth family, with the aim that they will be able to return home or move into a long term stable placement following their time in the programme.
Working with the child
The programme focuses on supporting the child to:
- Develop skills in relationships
- Increase pro-social behaviours
- Achieve and get on well in school
Children in the C programme receive coaching which:
- Identifies and builds on their strengths
- Enables them to develop new skills
Working with the foster carer as part of the team
The focus for foster carers looking after young people in the C programme is to:
- Establish a nurturing and trusting relationship
- Encourage and help children learn new skills
- Manage challenging behaviour
- Promote positive behaviour
Working with families
When children leave the programme and move to a permanent placement, the team works with the family to enable them to continue building on the skills and positive behaviours the child has developed.